District to offer fitness assessment tests
As part of the District 27J wellness initiatives this school year, Polar “Real Age” Fitness Assessment tests will be offered to all regular District 27J employees between January 28th and May 3, 2013. This fitness assessment test will reveal a person’s “real age” as compared to their “chronological age” and will outline steps they can take to become their best! The test results will also give employees a measuring point to begin their fitness goals.
The Polar fitness assessment tests include:· Resting sub-max VO2, a measure of cardiovascular health (using a chest strap - no physical exertion required).
· Resting pulse.
· Sit and reach (test of upper body flexibility).
· Static upper body strength.
· Weight and % body fat (using a bio-impedance scale - no calipers or tape measures.)
If you have additional questions, please contact: Carla Sassano at 303-655-2949 or email address: email@example.com.
Protect yourself against the flu
Biggest Loser Competition comes to 27J
It’s a New Year and time to take steps toward a New You. SD27J wants to help you shed those pesky pounds. Join the Biggest Loser competition. See attached flyer for information.
Working with a team is a great way to get the support you need. When everyone is included, you are able share in the experience and motivate one another. With your team, be open and honest. Explain your goals and ask for support, not discouragement. The benefits of starting your weight loss goals off with a challenge:
1. Motivation: Most of the motivation comes from the spirit of competition. Everyone wants to win!
2. Accountability: It can be stressful but that accountability is a daily reminder to stick with your goals.
3. Fast results: Most competitions last 6-12 weeks and it is common for participants to lose 7-15% of their body weight in less than 3 months. We are talking about very visible results. For some people that equates to 15-20 lbs!
4. Confidence and Self-control: A competition is a great way to boost your confidence and get on the right track. It is important to take note of the success whether or not you win a challenge and realize that you have the power to take control. Questions? Contact Carla Sassano at firstname.lastname@example.org
27J Employee Wellness